After getting on a written budget I’ve managed to cut out unnecessary monthly expenditures.
10 Things I No Longer Spend Money On
1. Eyebrow threading ($7) – I tweeze them myself now.
2. Eyelash extensions ($30) – I once got these done for 8 months straight. After taking them off I felt like I had bald spots from the extensions falling out with my real lashes.
3. Manicures & pedicures ($39) – with the exception of special occasions I get my nails done, otherwise who really notices anyway?
4. Hair cuts & hair color ($60) – I now go less often and stick to manageable hair colors. My hair is naturally black so having blonde highlights never worked out because I’d have to go monthly to get the color fixed.
5. HBO Go ($15) – This account was primarily for Game of Thrones. When the last season comes back in 2019 I might add it to my budget to reactivate!
6. Netflix ($7.99) – There were hardly any shows I could get into so now I use my boyfriend’s account if there’s something we want to watch.
7. Apple Music ($9.99) – I’ve switched to soundcloud or podcasts if there’s something I want to listen to at the gym or in the car.
8. CorePower Yoga Membership ($99) – Having this AND a 24 Hour Fitness membership was overkill.
9. Fast fashion (~$20-25) – Sometimes on my days off I’d wander aimlessly through the mall, buying items that were in style at the moment, but really had no need for.
10. Sephora products (~$25) – no more buying the latest eye makeup palette or new lip color. I’m not that great at makeup anyway!
How crazy that the majority of these items contributed to vanity. I reminded myself that one of my goals is to pay off student loan debt and not become America’s Next Top Model! Altogether approximately $317.98 was successfully chopped from my monthly budget and added to debt payoff.
- What kinds of unnecessary expenses do you have on your list?
- How much will you save or debt will you pay off after cutting them out?
[…] Slashing out random crap from your budget is a must! I had to tell myself, Two gym memberships and you’re still not buff? Slashed. $50 makeup palettes and your makeup still ain’t on fleek? Slashed. Read about how I cut $317.98 from my monthly budget here. […]
[…] With every incoming paycheck I hash out a budget. We have biweekly pay periods so I take a look at what’s due or what I need to buy within the next two weeks and budget accordingly. To be successful with this you have to cut out unnecessary expenses. Read about what I no longer spend money on here. […]
[…] It wasn’t until I sat and analyzed my spending habits that I realized why my money was unmanageable. I then was able to identify the problem areas and cut down on monthly expenses. Read about what I no longer spend money on here. […]
Hi! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the great info you’ve got
right here on this post. I will be coming back to your site
for more soon. http://highlandavenuerestaurant.com/
I appreciate your feedback. Stop by again soon!
[…] In the past, I’d do and buy certain things to sort of drown out whatever stress I was experiencing. I did the spa days and retail therapy, which only worsened my financial state. Read about what I no longer spend money on here. […]
[…] My high consumption lifestyle contributed to my lack of ability to save money and pay down debt. Each month I spent $317.98 on things I didn’t need. Read about what I no longer spend money on here. […]